Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23, 2014

Hello everyone,

I apologize that it's taken me this long to post anything on the blog, but a lot has happened since I last posted. I had to go to Argentina for my residency requirements a stayed in Salta a few days. It's a very beautiful part of the country and one that I had never visited before. It's full of natural beauty...mountains, valleys, vineyards and lots of historical and cultural information. From there, I headed back to Cochabamba, Bolivia to meet the rest of the group and to register several of our missionaries at the SDA college there. After that, we headed to La Paz where Amber and I applied for our Bolivian ID cards. Then, Amber and I headed to Peru to do a little sightseeing. We were able to visit Machu Picchu, which was absolutely wonderful!  They views from that high were simply breathtaking!  I learned a lot about the Incan culture and how it relates to the people living in Peru now. We then returned to Cusco, where we spent the day before heading to Puno, Peru on our way back to Bolivia. In Puno, we visited the floating islands of Uros. That was very interesting!  We spent Sabbath morning there and attended the local church. That was a blessing. Then, we headed back to La Paz, where we stayed until we picked up our ID cards on Monday morning. On Monday afternoon, we were on our way back to Familia Feliz via death road. :). It was a very long trip and full of "adventure", but we finally arrived at 7:30 am Tuesday morning. It felt SO good to be back home!!

I'd love to post more and pics from my trip, but unfortunately, my trip took a quick turn for the worse while we were on the bus to Puno.  Someone stole my MacBook and camera. :(. That's the reason I haven't been able to post anything here. All of my entries and pictures were on the computer/camera (along with all of my other files, information, pictures).  So I've had to wait until I got back to Rurre and to a public computer before I could update the blog. I ask you to pray for the person that took them. Also, please pray that The Lord will send the funds to replace them, as they were daily used for the work here at the orphanage, as well as at the Bible studies at the army base. I know God will provide.

So my posts may not be as frequent now, but please bear with me and know that I'm trying...but it's a bit more difficult for me without a computer. Thanks for understanding.

I pray God blesses you all i

No comments:

Post a Comment