Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8th, 2014 -- My God comes through once again!!

It’s been a more laid back week this week.  The kids have left for winter break so there are no classes to teach, no deaning, etc.  There is, however, an unrecognizable silence on campus.  :(  It has also rained a lot this week, which has limited our ability to work around the campus.  
We have been up-keeping our new little orchard.  We’re trying to clear the rest of the land for the rest of the orchard and get the ground ready, but it’s been to wet to do so.  Hopefully we can continue that soon.
We’ve also had some issues with cows from neighboring farms coming on our property.  This has been going on for some time now and we’ve spoken with the owners about it several times, but to no avail.  The cows continue to stroll right on campus.  The problem is they have destroyed dozens and dozens of our plantain and banana trees, as well as eaten the fruit of them, trembled on plants in the garden, etc.  :(  So we've spent a good bit of this week putting up fences and barbed wire around part of our property to protect our plants (and our food supply!).  We still have a bit more to go, but it’s coming along well.  
We had our weekly Bible study at the Army base this past Friday night.  It was great to be there with the soldiers again, as we were unable to have the study last week due to there being no electricity in town.  However, while we were there, a problem arose.  Our little speakers blew.  Previously, we had been using our big speakers, along with an amplifier and our microphone to ensure that everyone could hear, since we meet in a large dining hall (almost the size of a gym).  The amplifier, however, was old and soon broke beyond repair.  We didn’t have money for a new amp, so I just went and bought a small set of surround sound speakers that I could plug into the computer and we’ve been using those without a mic this year.  It wasn’t the best solution, but was the only one we could afford.  However, last night, those speakers blew.  We couldn’t understand the audio coming out.  It was disappointing because the soldiers wanted to continue singing, but we needed speakers for them to hear the music, words, etc.  As I analyzed the situation and was thinking of how to solve the problem by next week, it was obvious that we needed to obtain another amplifier.  So that’s what I prayed for.  Right then at the base, I prayed that the Lord would, somehow, send the necessary funds for us to be able to purchase a new one.  I had priced one a few weeks ago, with the hopes of being able to buy it, but it cost $300 usd and we simply didn’t have that much extra to spend.  But I know that nothing is impossible for our God and I took my concern to Him.  I know, without a doubt, that these studies are the result of His doing.  He has commissioned us to take the Gospel to all the earth and has promised to bless us so that we can do just that.  As soon as the meetings were over, I quickly posted my prayer request on Facebook, explaining the situation and asking everyone to pray that the Lord would send the needed funds THIS WEEK so that we can move forward with the studies on next Friday.  As we drove home, I just knew that someone, somehow would send the money.  I was excited about heading back to town the next day for an outreach activity just so that I could check my Facebook account to get the news that someone was going to donate the money.  :)



The following morning, we went to church at the small congregation just up the street (Nueva Esperanza).  We got there after Sabbath School had already started and quietly approached the open church to sit down.  The teacher, however, stopped class to greet us.  Then, he walked over and asked me if I could teach the class.  I questioned him, because he was already teaching.  Class had already started and, to be honest, I hadn't prepared to teach that morning.  He continued to insist that I teach.  So, what could I do?!  I finished teaching the class and then Jonathan had the sermon.  We had a really good morning there with the brethren.  As soon as church was over, we came home, had lunch and then loaded on the truck again to head to town.  The church in town was planning on going house to house to hand out DVD’s and books about Jesus and we went to help.  We had a great experience and were able to distribute over 900 DVD’s and books!  We then met at the church to close out Sabbath and share the experiences and testimonies of the afternoon.  It was amazing to hear how open people were to receive the material.  And many of them asked us to come back and study with them later.  God is Good!
Everyone just before leaving to pass out the DVD's and books.

My dear friends from Narguilas and I before heading out to give out literature.

The Familia Feliz crew ready to distribute!

Agustin and I after church Sabbath evening.

When we arrived to town, however, I immediately checked my Facebook page to see if anyone had offered to help with the amplifier.  I just knew that someone would have sent $10 or $20.  We would keep fundraising until we had enough funds to make the purchase.  I opened my account and guess what was there?!  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  9 likes and one comment saying “Praying.”  I was very glad that people were praying, but I was expecting more.  All morning I just had that feeling that God was going to answer that prayer request today.  Not sure why, just felt that way.  Then, as I was looking at my account, Satan came and started planting seeds of doubt.  Maybe I had expected too much.  Maybe I should have given it more time.  But I still had that feeling that God was going to answer this request.  So I prayed again and decided to leave it in God’s Hands.  About 10 minutes later, a lady sent me a message on Facebook asking how I was doing and how things were going at Familia Feliz.  She is from Argentina but she and her family lives in Bolivia now.  They have helped us financially in the past.  We chatted for a couple of minutes, updating her on things here.  She then asked me directly about the amplifier.  She asked what we needed, if it was available locally, how much needed, etc.  I answered her questions.  She then asked when we needed it by.  I explained that we would use it for the Bible studies that occur every Friday night at the Army base…so there really isn’t a “deadline” as to when we have to have it.  As soon as we get all the money, we’ll buy it and immediately put it to use.  She asked what we would do in the mean time at the base.  Honestly, I didn’t know what to answer.  I told her we would figure something out while we wait.  She then said, “Well, you won’t have to wait long.  We will have $300 usd deposited in your bank account first thing Monday morning.”  I almost tripped and fell while I was walking down the street!  I couldn’t believe it.  I mean, I knew that God could and would meet our need.  All morning I had that feeling that He would.  I just didn’t expect Him to do it all at one time through one person.  I expected several smaller donations to trickle in through the week.  But God had something bigger in mind.  Isn’t that how He always works?!  His thoughts and ways are higher than ours!  :)  What makes this even more meaningful to me is that my post on Facebook was in English.  This lady doesn’t speak any English!  Plus, it served as a much needed reminder to me that God is concerned with every little detail of our lives and while, many times, things do not turn out like we expect or hope, God IS working all things out for our good.  I know I’ve said it many, many times, but it’s worth repeating time and time again…we serve an AWESOME God!!  So, tomorrow we will be purchasing our brand new amplifier!  :) :)  Praise God!  I cannot wait to take it to the Army base on Friday and share this wonderful testimony about how God hears and answers prayers and is concerned about their learning more about Him with the soldiers!  
What about you?  Have you seen the Hand of God move in a mighty way in your life this week?  Have you reached out in faith, begging for a much-needed blessing?  If so, kept your arms extended…God WILL give it to you.  However, you might want to hold both arms and hands out, as His blessing will probably be bigger and better than you’re expecting!  :)

God bless you all!


Maranatha!

4 comments:

  1. Amen, I dont even worry about you down there anymore kuz God is always right on time! He is moving mountains down there with the faith that you guys have. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks Amber. We appreciate your prayers. God bless you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Hola Miguel, me alegro por los proyectos de la huerta. Dentro de poco tiempo y con el poder del Dios del cielo habrá maravillosas frutas y verduras en Familia Feliz y todo esto os pondrá muy felices a todos.
    También oraré para que las vallas estén puestas lo antes posible y que esas vacas no hagan nuevamente de las suyas.
    En cuanto al reparto de 900 DVD ha sido una gran bendición. El Espíritu Santo seguro que ya está trabajando en las personas que han recibido ese DVD y la semilla dará fruto en su momento. A Dios sea la gloria y la honra.
    Es maravillosa también saber como Dios responde a las oraciones y a las necesidades de sus hijos. El nos dice, ¡espera, se paciente, que ha su tiempo atenderé tu necesidad! y alabado sea el Señor Todopoderoso que buscó a esta persona para que os proveyera del dinero suficiente para los altavoces y amplificador. Como bien dices, Dios es increíble y nos sorprende cada día en nuestra vida. Espero que ya tengáis el equipo y que funcionen estupendamente pudiendo seguir los Estudios Bíblicos en la base del Ejército.
    Te dejo con este texto que me gusta mucho que se encuentra en Salmo 40:17. "Aunque yo este afligido y necesitado, Jehová pensará en mí. Mi ayuda y mi libertador eres tu..."
    Feliz semana para tí Miguel y para toda la "Familia Feliz".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Victor. Amen! Muchas gracias por tus palabras, animo y oraciones. De verdad, Dios es Grande y siempre nos recuerda de eso. Cristo viene muy pronto y tenemos que prepararnos a nosotros y a los demás, para que El pueda hallar fe en la Tierra. Por favor, sigue orando por nosotros y los demás misioneros en el mundo. Hay una gran tarea por realizar todavía.

      Espero que vos te encuentres bien, igual que tu esposa. Seguimos orando por ustedes también, para que Dios los dirija y los acompañe en todo momento. Los mando un abrazo grande y una muy feliz semana para los dos!

      Bendiciones!

      Delete