Monday, October 28, 2013

October 20 - October 26


October 20, 2013

This morning we went to the small church down the road and cleaned the property for our Pathfinder community service.  It’s an open church..really just corner posts and a roof.  The grass had grown very tall and you couldn’t see the church very well from the road.  The members are very few and poor, so we thought that would be a good community service project for the club.  We were able to get all of the area cut and most of it raked by the time we had to leave.  We’ll have to go back one afternoon to finish raking and burn, but it was quite a good feeling to see the difference our labor made.  Samuel and Edwin, though, were stung by wasps that had made their nest in the leaves of a plant...:(  But other than that, there were no other incidents.  I’ll post some pics for you to see.









We got back to Familia Feliz, took a shower and then those of us staff who had the day off headed to town.  I had a long list of things to do and, thankfully, was able to get all of it done (which doesn’t always happen in one day!).  Plus, I was able to talk to friends and family.  That’s always a blessing.  

Overall, it was a very pleasant (though hot and humid!) day!  God is Good!  May His blessings rest of each of you!

Maranatha!


October 21, 2013

I want to start out today by wishing my youngest brother a very FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!  :)  Happy birthday Chandler!  (I won’t go into how old it makes me feel that you’re 25 now!  :) ).  

This morning, we finished a couple of additions to the documents we had to take to the Ministry of Education and then Jodi, Juan and I headed back to town.  Juan had to take the small truck to be worked on.  Part of the engine support had broken and, as a result, broke the fan.  (It’s always something with one of the trucks.  We’re still praying for new vehicles!!)  Jodi and I made copies of all of these documents, signed and stamped them and took them to the Ministry.  What a relief to know that this part is complete!!  Praise God!  We still have to update some information and grades in the computer system, but that won’t be too bad.  

We got back after supper, I took a shower and had worship with David.  Now, it’s off to bed.  I’m tired!  I went for a run today (as much as I hate to admit it, I must be honest...it’s been more than a month since I’ve gone running.  :(  Things have just been so busy that I haven’t had time.  But boy, did it feel good to run again!!  :)  But my legs are definitely feeling my skipping it for a month.)

Good night everything!  Peace and love to all of you.  God bless!

Maranatha!


October 22, 2013

Guess where I had to go today??  Back to town!  Going to town is nice, but gets old when you have to go almost every day!  But we needed to turn in some more to the Ministry, I had to get some more groceries and get some quotes for wood for the roof we’re going to be replacing.  Things went really well and I was able to get a lot accomplished.  

I do have a praise report.  Our garden is thriving now!  And we have more bok choy than we know what to do with.  So we have started selling it to the market in town.  It isn’t much of an income, but it’s a great start!  :)

Nickisha and Wanatta showing off some of our bok choy.

Okra plants in the front and bok choy in the rear that we're allowing to go to seed.

Green bell pepper plants.



I was home by mid-afternoon and started working on the student folders and updating grades.  This is going to take some time!  But at least we are much more caught up now than before.  

For supper, the girls made an EXCELLENT pasta with pesto sauce and garlic bread!  What a treat!  :)  And today alone we harvested almost 100 bell peppers!  Amen!!  So tomorrow, we’re having stuffed bell peppers...can’t wait!  :)  I love how God is blessing our efforts in the garden.  And the kids are really enjoying seeing the fruit of the labors and being able to harvest and eat what they planted.

I went running again this morning.  I was planning on running the same distance I ran yesterday, but ended up running twice the distance....so my legs really are screaming today!  Plus, a few of us did some more cardio and exercises this afternoon, so I am more than ready for bed!  :)  I’m very thankful, though, to be able to feel this pain...there are many that cannot.  

I do have a urgent unspoken prayer request I’d like to ask you to pray about with me please.  Thank you very much.

Blessings to all!  Keep the faith and trust more in God everyday.  He’ll never let you down!

Maranatha!

October 23, 2013

Today was another busy day.  I went running again this morning before breakfast.  My legs were quite upset with me, but it felt really good at the same time.  Plus, it is great “alone time” with God.  :)

I taught class today, but had to leave early because a man came to give us a quote on cutting the wood for the roof for us, so I had to go and talk with him.

In the afternoon, Jodi and I headed to town to pick up some items, price the metal roofing and talk to the Ministry of Education.  We didn’t end up getting back until 8:30, so it was a long day in town.  But not too bad.  Nothing that a cold tamarind juice couldn’t handle...:)

I pray each of you had a wonderful day today.  May God bless you in a special way.  Christ is coming soon....Get Ready!!

Maranatha!


October 24, 2013

Fourth day in a row that I’ve gone running!  It’s really feeling good now.  :)

We didn’t have school today.  It was a student holiday (for our external students, at least).  Everyone on campus spent the entire morning cleaning the campus, cutting the grass, cutting trees and doing other odd jobs that needed to be done.  We worked until lunch and then another hour after lunch.  The kids really did a good job.  We got A LOT accomplished and the place looks so much better!  We were tired, though.  :)  That afternoon, we spent it talking and playing.  

About 6:00, one of the kids came running to my house to get me.  He said I had to come quickly and bring my camera.  ????  So, I followed orders and saw that everyone was had stopped what they were doing and were gazing at the sky.  I turned to look....it was beautiful!!  It’s kind of hard to describe, so I’ll let the pictures do the “talking.”  :)  (You may need to double-click the picture to enlarge it to truly appreciate the beauty!)






Such a beautiful reminder of God’s Presence, Love and Craftsmanship!  We serve a Mighty God!  

Well, off to bed now.  After running and all the yard work today, I’m tired.  Talk to you tomorrow.  God bless!

Maranatha!


October 25, 2013

Once again I got up early and went running today!  I’m kinda surprised at myself.  :)  

This morning was a laid-back morning for me, since I didn’t have class.  It was nice to actually have some free time to do a little reading, rest, etc.  

After lunch, I was in town again.  It’s the fourth weekend of the month, so all the internal students that live nearby can go home.  So we took those students to town and, as always, had some errands to run.  I stayed in town for the Bible study at the army base...which was a blessing, as always!  :)

I’m definitely looking forward to Sabbath tomorrow.  It’s been a long week.

Happy Sabbath!  God bless!

Maranatha!


October 26, 2013

I know I’ve said this before, but I love Sabbaths here!  :)  Even though it was quite warm today, it was very relaxed and peaceful.  

We had service as usual and I received a blessing from it.  Jodi, Wanatta, Vilissa, Nickisha and Oriel had special music and did an outstanding job singing Psalms 121!  Wow...simply beautiful!

We had a wonderful lunch today too...and a special treat for dessert...carrot cake!  :)  

In the afternoon, a few of us volunteers chatted for a bit and then I went to my house to read.  It was a nice afternoon.  At 6:00, we were in our circle, closing the Sabbath as is our custom.  

After Sabbath, the kids played games, had supper and watched a documentary on the ocean.  I stayed for a bit, but then I had to go home to pack...I’m off to Santa Cruz again tomorrow.  

Talk to you soon.  God bless!!

Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment