Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I need your help!


Friends and Family,

As most of  you know, I’m serving as a missionary at Familia Feliz, a small orphanage and school in the jungle of Bolivia.  The Lord has blessed me so much during these last 5 months here and we have seen His Hand at work the lives of each child more times than we can count!  It has been such a wonderful and humbling experience to be a part of!  And this could not be possible without the prayers and support of so many of you!  I just want to take another moment to thank each of you for the words of encouragement, for the prayers and for the monetary support that you have given to me and to these kids thus far in my stay here!  God is working through you!

I would also like to ask for your prayers for a special project we are currently undertaking now.  We would like to replace all of the thatch roofs currently on the houses and classrooms here with a metal roof.  The thatch roofs have served their purpose and do a pretty good job of keeping the rain out of the houses, but as they are not sealed and weather-proof as metal roofs are, they do come with their fair share of problems.  Insects, rodents and spiders are attracted to them and, as a result, end up in all of the houses.  It is a regular occurrence to wake up with tarantulas in your home, frogs on your walls or you bed, and the top of your mosquito net covered every morning with bugs.  Roaches are all too common and just last week, a snake was killed inside my home because it isn’t properly sealed.  Needless to say, this isn’t the most sanitary of conditions to live in.  As this is the case, we would really like to remove these thatch roofs and replace them with metal roofs, thus properly sealing the houses to keep the elements, as well as other critters, out of the houses.  We have 9 buildings that need to have the roofs changed.  It costs an average of $2000 usd to replace the roof per home.  God is Good and we have already received the funds to replace on of the roofs!  So, during the month of December, while school is out for Christmas break, we will replace the roof on the Boy’s Dorm.  Amen!  But we still have 8 more to go.  

I know that the Lord will provide for His children as He has continuously done in the past.  But I also know that many times, He uses His other children to meet the needs of those who are in need.  So I am writing to ask for your financial support on this project.  We need about $16,000 usd to replace all of the roofs on our property.  That is a lot of money.  But I know that God promised to meet our needs and that “many hands make for a light load”.  

I am committing myself to raise the necessary funds to repair the roof of one house, as well as other repairs that it needs.  In addition to the roof, this house needs several other things done to it.  There are at least three termite nests in the frame of the house, all of the trusses and support beams need to be replaced, it needs new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen countertops and new doors, as well as the screen replaced on the windows.  It will cost around $4000 usd to fully repair this house (including the roof) and get it where it needs to be.  I am specifically asking you to considering helping fund the repairs of this house.  Whether you can give $5 or $5000, every penny goes to God’s work and bettering the environment of the orphanage and meeting the needs of the children.  My goal is to have this $4000 raised by December 31st, 2013.

November is the month in which we celebrate Thanksgiving and I have already seen so many people on Facebook  sharing what they are thankful for and expressing their gratitude for the blessings they have received.  And that does my heart good.  But, while we are to be grateful and express our thanks, the Bible says we are to do more than that...we are to pass those blessings on to others and meet the needs of the poor and needy, those who are not as fortunate as we are.  That is the reason God has blessed each of us, that we may be a blessing to someone else.  And I know that many, if not all, of you are currently doing just that.  But this year, during this special time of Thanksgiving and Christmas, when we remember the immense love of our Savior towards us and all that we receive from His Hands, I want to challenge you to do a little bit more than you usually do.  Please consider supporting these projects here at Familia Feliz.  I know that our needs are great.  This roofing project is just one of the many needs we have.  But I also know that our God is Great and that nothing is impossible for Him!  I KNOW that He will provide the funds for these projects and for these kids.  That is not the question.  The question is whether or not each of US individually will heed His call to help and to be the blessing that these children need.  Are we truly grateful for all that He has done for us?  Are we willing to sacrifice, even in a very small way, to help someone in need.  Actions truly do speak louder than words.  

Matthew 25:40 says, “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”

I want to do this unto Christ.  I want to show my Savior just how appreciative I am for His immense sacrifice for me.  I am making my choice.  I am choosing to do whatever I can to help meet the needs of His little children.  Won’t you join me and help us reach our goal by the end of the year??

If you would like to make a donation towards these repairs at the orphanage,  you can make a paypal donation on my blog at:

psalms27ten.blogspot.com

For a tax receipt, you can mail donations to:

Milledgeville SDA Church
Attn:  Miguel Tello - Mission Trip
156 Pettigrew Rd NW
Milledgeville, GA 31061 

Please pass this information along to your friends, family and church groups.  Together, we can truly make a difference in the lives of these children!

Thank you again for your love, encouraging words, support and, most importantly, your prayers!  May the Lord continue to rain His blessings upon each of you!

Love,

Miguel





No comments:

Post a Comment